Pesto Anchovy Pasta
Inspired by Sicilian pasta dishes, which feature ingredients such as anchovies and almonds, this dish will satisfy all your comfort food cravings. Our Pesto Anchovy Pasta comes together in less than 20 minutes and will surely become a quick and easy weekday dinner staple. Don’t forget to choose your anchovies wisely, as this pasta isn’t complete without high quality tinned fish. Our go-to choice? Cantabrian Anchovies in Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Fishwife.
- Gotham Greens Vegan Pesto
- 4 Fishwife anchovy filets, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 1 box (16oz) bucatini, spaghetti, or pasta of choice
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Parmesan cheese, for topping
- Red pepper crumbs (optional, for topping)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta according to instructions on box. Do not discard the pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt butter over medium heat in a large pan. Once melted, add a small handful of breadcrumbs, and cook in the butter until toasty and brown (be careful not to burn them). Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 Tbsp olive oil on medium heat. Add chopped garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add anchovies to pan, breaking them up with a wooden spoon. Sauté for about 1 minute, until anchovies are melted.
- Turn the heat to low and add 4 to 6 Tbsp of Gotham Greens Vegan Pesto. Lightly stir to mix with garlic and anchovy mixture.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan along with 1/4 cup of pasta water. Also add toasted chopped almonds. Mix vigorously until well combined.
- Serve it up! Top each serving with the toasted breadcrumbs, parmesan, and red pepper flakes (optional).