Harvest Grain Bowl with Smoked Salmon
- 1/3 cup semi-pearled farro or your choice of grain
- Half roasted sweet potato
- Roasted brussel sprouts
- Half can of smoked salmon (save the brine!)
- 2 tbsp Pickled beets or any other pickled veggie
- Half avocado
- ¼ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Tamari
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tbsp orange zest
- ½ tbsp of finely grated ginger
- 2 tbsp of Cilantro
- 2 tbsp of Mint
- Sesame seeds
Pour farro into a pot of boiling, salted water. Reduce heat, and simmer for 25-30 minutes, until tender.
Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. In a small bowl, mix the salmon brine, rice vinegar, sesame oil, tamari, and lime juice. Add the orange zest, ginger, herbs, and sesame seeds.
Assemble the bowl: top the farro with salmon, roasted brussel sprouts, sweet potato, pickled vegg, and avocado.
Drizzle the sauce over the bowl, and sprinkle black and/or white sesame seeds. Top with any leftover herbs.