Dilly citrusy sardines & chips
Inspired by my new favorite restaurant in the East Bay, Rose Pizzeria, this really easy appetizer is citrusy and fresh — and best of all, requires no utensils for eating. Scoop away with a potato chip of your choice!
1 packet of plain, salted, or salt and pepper potato chips
1 tin of Fishwife sardines
1 teaspoon of orange vinegar
2 teaspoons of high quality olive oil
½ of a medium-sized Meyer lemon
½ teaspoon sumac
Scant tablespoon of fresh dill
- Gently fork out the sardines onto a serving platter/bowl. Reserve the oil for another use — mix into salad dressings, or top toasts and jammy eggs!
- Pour orange vinegar and olive oil over the sardines.
- Zest the lemon onto the sardines, and sprinkle on the sumac.
- Squeeze the lemon over the sardines, being careful to avoid the seeds.
- Break up the dill into smaller fronds and place on the sardines.
- Open up a bag of potato chips and enjoy!